IPROW is continually developing new training courses, delivered by professionals in the rights of way field and tailored specifically for the needs of members. The annual conference features speakers and workshops on a theme of current interest. Current Courses has details of programmed events in the next few months; Potential Courses has titles of those that are planned but not yet confirmed as demand is uncertain. If you are interested in more details of potential courses, contact Training
|exhibitors at an IPROW conference|
|participants discussing case studies at the TCPA course 2010|
|Sue Rumfitt (standing) and Jayne Benson at the TCPA course 2010|
"The conference and training courses give me lots of opportunities to exchange ideas and network."
At any event, in addition to its content, one great benefit is the opportunity to meet other members, find out who is doing what where and how successfully, to come away with a wealth of possibilities to try and contacts for future communication.
If there is enough demand, courses can be repeated or produced locally for a specific clientele (eg two or three adjoining authorities) so if you are unable to make the date or venue of the course, or it is fully booked, please contact Training to discuss alternatives. The Available tab above gives you a list of courses that could be delivered anywhere in the country with enough assured support.
Planned Training and Development Opportunities
Below are topics for courses that have been suggested and developing them is dependent on demand. If you would be interested in attending any of these events or have suggestions for others, please contact Training
- Inclosure awards as evidence for rights of way
- Volunteers: recruiting, managing and retaining volunteers as well as looking at what they can and should do, Risk Assessment, Health & Safety, equipment, insurance and quality control.
- Basic rights of way: the definitive map, modification orders, public path orders, enforcement, maintenance, management tools. An introduction for new starters or an overview for non-practising managers or councillors
Potential Training and Development Opportunities
Any recent IPROW course can run again given sufficient demand. This may be from national requests or you may wish to have a training day for your own authority staff, or to combine with neighbouring authorities for a course at your location.
Running an IPROW course in-house saves your staff travelling time and cost, and may be an overall saving as IPROW will charge for a set number of participants, irrespective of the number attending (subject to practical limits for the course to be effective).
Contact Training to discuss options or register your interest in a course re-running.
- NERC and its implications for rights of way
- Prosecution Procedures for Rights of Way Offences
- Managing and Reducing Conflict in Rights of Way and Access Management
- Successful Public Path Orders - Meeting the Tests
- Managing User Evidence Effectively
- Map Navigation with Confidence
- Preparing for Public Inquiry - Statements of Case
- Preparing for Public Inquiry - Proofs of Evidence
- Public Inquiries
- Surfaces and Structures
- Contracts, Specifications and Tenders
- TCPA Orders
- Surveying Skills
- Processing Evidential Modification Orders
- Effective Enforcement
- Finance Act and Tithe Records
- Opposed Orders
- Modification Orders
- Drafting Orders
- Public Path Orders